Sqreen respects our customers' privacy and keeping our customers' data protected at all times is our highest priority.
This security policy provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective.
Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated security team
Our security team is comprised of security experts dedicated to improving the security of our organization. Our team has played lead roles in designing and building highly secure Internet facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies like Apple, Airbus and security consulting companies. Our employees are trained on security incident response and are on call 24/7.
- All of our services run in the cloud. We don’t host or run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
- Our service is built on Amazon Web Services (AWS). They provide strong security measures to protect our infrastructure and are compliant with most certifications. You can read more about their practices here.
Network level security monitoring and protection
Our network security architecture consists of multiple security zones. We monitor and protect our network, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC), a bastion host or VPN with network access control lists (ACL’s) and no public IP addresses.
- A firewall that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic.
- An Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention technologies (IDS/IPS) solution that monitors and blocks potential malicious packets.
- IP address filtering
- We use Sqreen to monitor and protect our infrastructure from automated scanners, bots and targeted attacks. It blocks attacks and alerts in case of critical threats. It also brings additional features like IP blocking etc.
We use Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services powered by an industry-leading solution.
Encryption in transit
- All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best-practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- You can see our SSLLabs report here.
Encryption at rest
- All our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed encryption algorithms in the database.
Data retention and removal
We retain our users data for a period of 90 days after the trials end. All data is then completely removed from the dashboard and server. Every user can request the removal of usage data by contacting support. Read more about our privacy settings at sqreen.io/privacy .
Business continuity and disaster recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster. All our backups are encrypted.
Application security monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
- We use Sqreen to monitor our applications. Security events are logged and notifications are sent in case of critical attacks to allow for fast remediation.
Application security protection
- We use a runtime protection system that identifies and blocks OWASP Top 10 and business logic attacks in real-time.
- We use security headers to protect our users from attacks. You can check our grade on SecurityHeaders.io
- We use Sqreen to integrate security in our applications and protect our users from data breaches. It integrates protections against the most critical attack categories like SQL injections, cross-site scripting and adds security headers to our application. It blocks attacks in real-time and warns us when attackers start stressing our applications.
We develop following security best practices and frameworks (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25). We use the following best practices to ensure the highest level of security in our software:
- Developers participate in regular security training to learn about common vulnerabilities and threats
- We review our code for security vulnerabilities
- We regularly update our dependencies and make sure none of them has known vulnerabilities
- We use Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to detect basic security vulnerabilities in our codebase
- We use Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to scan our applications
- By using Sqreen we can more efficiently remediate vulnerabilities that were triggered by security tests, audits or bug bounty programs. We are also warned when application components with known vulnerabilities are used in production (dependencies).
We encourage everyone that practices responsible disclosure and comply with our policies and terms of service to participate in our bug bounty program.
Please avoid automated testing and only perform security testing with your own data. Please do not disclose any information regarding the vulnerabilities until we fix them. Rewards are done at our discretion depending on the criticality of the vulnerability reported.
You can report vulnerabilities by contacting email@example.com. Please include a proof of concept. We will respond as quickly as possible to your submission and won’t take legal actions if you follow the rules.
*.sqreen.io and vulnerabilities discovered into Sqreen Agents.
Accepted vulnerabilities are the following
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Open redirect
- Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Command/File/URL inclusion
- Authentication issues
- Code execution
- Code or database injections
This bug bounty program does NOT include
- Account/email enumerations
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- Attacks that could harm the reliability/integrity of our business
- Spam attacks
- Clickjacking on pages without authentication and/or sensitive state changes
- Mixed content warnings
- Lack of DNSSEC
- Content spoofing / text injection
- Timing attacks
- Social engineering
- Insecure cookies for non-sensitive cookies or 3rd party cookies
- Vulnerabilities requiring exceedingly unlikely user interaction
- Exploits that require physical access to a user's machine
We provide a 2-factor authentication mechanism via Github authentication to protect our users from account takeover attacks.
Account takeover protection
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks.
Single sign-on (SSO) is offered for our enterprise customers.
Role-based access control
Advanced role-based access control (RBAC) is offered on all our enterprise accounts and allows our users to define roles and permissions.
Suspicious user behavior monitoring
We use Sqreen to monitor suspicious behaviors and react fast in case of account takeovers. It also protects customers against data theft by blocking credential stuffing or brute force attacks.
Sqreen is not subject to HIPAA compliance. We offer HIPAA/BAA agreements to enterprise companies that need to comply with HIPAA regulations.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Our company conforms with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for regulating data privacy between the European Union and the United States.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We’re compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of GDPR is to protect the private information of EU citizens and give them more control over their personal data. Contact us for more details on how we comply to GDPR.
All payment instrument processing is safely outsourced to Stripe which is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. We don’t collect any payment information and are therefore not subject to PCI obligations.
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- Our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement to protect our customers sensitive information.